Monday, July 12, 2010

My 1 minute Animatic

We have been given the task to re-create a 1 minute section of our chosen music video, our reconstruction has to exhibite the exact same camera angles, shots and transitions to show that we can follow a plan aswell as using camera skills to perform the same shots but adding our own inovative skills to the narrative of the video. In order to do this we had to deconstruct the 1 minute section and construct storyboards to then plan our reconstruction. Instead of drawing out many different storyboads our teacher introduced us to a new exhibiton technique, Animatics. An animatic is produced by photographing storyboard sketches on a film strip or video with the audio portion synchronised on tape, it can be used to produce TV advertisments, music videos, short films and is frequently used for testing purposes.
Bellow is my 1 minute animatic for the section of my chosen music video that I will reconstruct.
Hope you enjoy my animatic, just like I did learning and implimenting new skills.

My 1 minute Animatic 'Weapon of choice' Fatboy slim from Tom palmer on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment