Monday, February 7, 2011

Out with the old and in with the new and improved poster

Both myself and Blaine discussed the film poster and after Blaine created a mock up of our initial poster idea which overall looked extremely unprofessional and did not in anyway shape or form get the audiences attention for the right reasons, apart from, that looks so rubbish I will point and laugh.
Blaine was unhappy with the outcome and decided to share his thoughts with me over the phone because I hadn't seen it yet. I trusted his judgement and he told me a new idea he had so after a long discussion (good thing I'm on contract) I said I would draw up some mocks of the new poster idea and below are two ideas that I envisioned from Blaine's explanation.


We then meet up the next morning for our three hours of media and exchanged more ideas. Blaine then set about the construction of our final poster with me on the sideline offering assistance and feedback, both positive and negative which we then discussed and compromised on certain features. Overall the poster looks great and I am happy that our first idea didn't work because I think that our new and improved version is much more interesting. Not only this but after reading the analysis of our qualitative questionnaire which wasn't available on the construction of our first poster, the three main features that our target audience wanted the poster to include were an eye-catching image, image of the main character and a catchy tag-line. Out of the three I think we have included a catchy image in the sense of the title, the layout of the multiple Penumbra titles with the images behind them are very eye-catching in my opinion but I will create a small feedback session for people to comment on the poster to finalize my oppinion. we also included a picture of the main character but not only this we included the forth most favorite answer within our questionnaire, which was a sense of mystery. This is also included because you cannot she the face of the main protagonist, even more than that, you do not know who or what his relationship is to the film is. His face can be seen within one of the Penumbra titles, but this still adds a sense of mystery because myself and Blaine know this but a random consumer of the poster will not. We didn't include a catchy tag-line because however much we tried to think of one which was ambiguous but not cheesy we couldn't decide on a final one. An idea was 'I can help you' but we decided that we wouldn't include this or any tag line because it is very risky in the form of being judged and criticized.
The last inclusion within the poster was the names of the main actors and directors upon the poster at the bottom which Blaine researched and found a font online which was very similar to the actual movie font that is used but free of charge. He found and installed a font called 'Rothman' which looked very authentic and works well upon the poster.
To view the all most finished poster with just some minor adjustments the poster is provided below:

No comments:

Post a Comment